Here are some helpful tips on Water Damage Restoration.
DO’s for Water Damage Restoration
- Shut off water source if possible to prevent water damage
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting the saturated area
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water
- Place aluminum foil between legs and wet carpet
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying
- Lift drapes off flooring, loop through a coat hanger and hang on curtain rod
- Remove wet area rugs
- Turn on air conditioner if damage occurs in summer
- Move valuable paintings, art objects and photos to a safe, dry place
- Remove damp books from shelves and lay them out to dry
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers and luggage to aid in drying
- Remove any wet fabrics and dry immediately
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
DON’Ts for Water Damage Restoration
- Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring or carpets
- Go into any room with standing water if the electricity is on
- Lift tacked down carpet without professional help as this could cause damage and shrinkage
- Go into any room where the ceiling is sagging or there is water damage
- Wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait the more water damage will occur
For more on Water Damage Restoration and Water Extraction, please visit our Services section.
If you need help with a Water Extraction situation, please call Premier today at <strong><a href=”tel:2539393682″>Call (253) 939-3682</a></strong> or visit our Contact Us page now!